Expired Certification Exam Information

As educational standards are updated and changed by the state of Texas, certification programs and exams must also be updated so that they reflect those changes.  This means that the certification exams that were offered during your tenure at UNT may no longer be offered.

Candidates who did not complete certification testing before their exams or certification program expired will not be granted approval to the new certification exams.  Those candidates who wish to continue to pursue teacher certification, should seek certification through an Alternative Certification or Post-Baccalaureate program.  A list of accredited Educator Preparation Programs can be found on the TEA website.

You may choose to file an ARR Appeal if you would like to have your specific situation re-evaluated.