- Admissions and Advising
- Degrees and Programs
- Teacher Certification
- Alumni and Friends
North Star of Texas Writing Project
North Star of Texas Writing Project (NSTWP) is a local site of the National Writing Project. We offer high-quality professional development programs for educators in their service areas, at all grade levels, K-16 and across all content areas. NSTWP:
- develops a leadership cadre of local teachers who have participated in invitational summer institutes in the teaching of writing.
- delivers customized inservice programs for local schools and institutions.
- provides continuing education and research opportunities for NSTWP Teacher Consultants.
- conducts programs for youth, for parents and community members, and for administrators.
- proudly partners with north Texas school districts to co-sponsor professional development initiatives.
- presents at professional conferences, publishes articles and books for colleagues across the country, and takes significant leadership roles in school districts and professional organizations throughout Texas.
Events and Activities
Annual Summer Invitational Institute -- June 13-July 8, 2011, Monday - Friday, 8:00-4:00, Denton ISD
Join us for an intensive 4-week institute where participants explore research-based approaches to writing instruction and work on their personal writing. The application for Summer Institute attached below. Due January 15, 2011.
February 5. Join us to hear from NSTWP teacher researchers about what they are learning from their students. Watch for details here.
Denton Area Texas Association for the Improvement of Reading (TAIR) Conference
See http://www.tair.org for updates.
Customized workshops and inquiry groups can be scheduled for individual districts and campuses. Topics include ELL support; technology integration; college readiness; reading/writing connection, and others.