Meadows Chair for Excellence in Education
The mission of the Meadows Chair for Excellence in Education is to build on the strengths of the University of North Texas in development of partnerships to promote learning of K-12 students through educator preparation and development. Goals:
- Support the P-16 initiative of the University of North Texas.
- Develop programs for the recruitment and retention of strong teachers in areas of high need in Texas and especially in urban schools.
- Influence development of UNT programs for the education of educators to assure high quality teachers for urban students.
- Collaborate with schools in development of exemplary programs for professional development of pre-service and in-service teachers.
- Develop programs of research which support K-12 student learning through teacher preparation, retention and development.
- Undertake programs that directly support K-12 student learning when they are connected to centers for excellence at UNT.
- Involve the Meadows Scholars and other UNT graduates who are leaders in education in the Meadows Chair agenda.