- Admissions and Advising
- Degrees and Programs
- Teacher Certification
- Alumni and Friends
The College of Education at the University of North Texas can help you further your education with flexible programs to fit a busy lifestyle. UNT's online courses let you progress at your own pace, with course schedules and mentoring services designed to help you balance your learning with work and home life.
Accelerated Online Program - Master of Education in Educational Leadership
This 30-hour program leading to a master's degree is provided through ten courses, offered in eight-week terms. It is possible for full-time students to complete all courses for the program in twelve months if they take four courses during each academic semester and two courses in the summer.
Administered in a flexible online format, this program is designed for:
- Educators seeking advancement as administrators in schools, school districts, or other educational institutions
- Classroom teachers who may not be seeking administrative positions but who want to assume other kinds of leadership roles
- Master's degree holders seeking principal certification
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
The MEd in Curriculum and Instruction is designed to enhance the knowledge and expertise of educators by combining theoretical perspectives and research-based practices.
- This is a 30-hour, non-thesis program. It is possible for students to complete all the courses in eighteen months.
- There are four core courses within the C&I major, four courses within an area of specialization, and two courses of electives.
- Optional principalship certification is provided through this program.
Master of Science in Educational Psychology with a concentration in Gifted & Talented Education
The Master of Science in Special Education with a concentration in Gifted & Talented Education degree program is a 30 class-hour program, with an additional thesis or project in lieu of thesis. Most of this program can be taken online.
Master of Education in Special Education with a concentration in Autism Intervention
The Master of Education in Special Education Concentration in Autism Intervention degree program is open to individuals with a four-year degree in any discipline of education (or a related field, e.g., psychology), or individuals who are currently working within a school district.
Online Programs for Secondary-Level Teacher Certification
The Online Teacher Certification Program was designed for mature students who have a bachelor’s degree and want to earn initial secondary teacher certification at the graduate level. It is an 18-hour program equivalent to six courses. Of those 12 hours (4 courses) are online coursework, and the remaining 6 hours (2 courses) are either student teaching or practicum.