Student Teaching Programs and General Eligibility Requirements
The College of Education certifies approximately 300 teachers each year through multiple certification paths at undergraduate and post-baccalaureate levels.
The University of North Texas College of Education is accredited by the National College for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).The following is an overview of our initial certification programs for intending candidates.
Key Requirements for entry into Teacher Education Program:
- Appropriate score on all parts of the TASP/THEA
- 60 earned hours (Junior status)
- Core & Field of Study GPA of 2.75 and Academic Major GPA of 2.75
- Have degree plan or degree plan in progress
- Complete application to Teacher Education Program Field Placement Sites
There are specified school districts for each program that student teaching interns can choose. The sites are listed within the appropriate application forms.
It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that requirements for TExES are met prior to applying for certification.
The TExES Advising Office is located in Matthews Hall, Room 103. Tel: 940-369-8601.